GREATER THOMASVILLE PRAYER COVENANT
A Solemn Covenant by Christians in the Thomasville Area
1. “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
2 Chronicles 7:14
2. “The earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea”. Habakkuk 2:14
3. “... Every knee shall bow… and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:10-11
4. Our Father, we come to you in the mighty and holy name of Jesus Christ, our Lord.
5. We affirm our faith in You, Almighty God, and in the foregoing promises from Your Word.
6. We further affirm our unity in Christ and in our common faith, as expressed in Your Word.
7. We acknowledge and declare that Jesus Christ is Lord of the Thomasville area, our community, and all the earth.
8. We thank You, God, for calling us to devote ourselves to the Lord Jesus Christ in brokenness, repentance, and obedience.
9. We come out of a deep sense of desperation over the lukewarm condition in the church and the acceleration of corruption in our society.
10. We bow before You, to rend our hearts and not our garments.
11. We repent of religious pride, of hypocrisy, of prejudice, of status-quo mediocrity, of busyness and prayerlessness.
12. We repent of materialism, selfish pursuit, greed, and lusts of all varieties.
13. We acknowledge that the only hope for the Thomasville area and for our nation and world is a mighty transforming work of Your grace.
14. We beg You, Father, to touch us and draw us to touch You in faith, so that revival will come as we touch your heart and prevail in believing prayer.
15. We agree in prayer that our community and all the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Glory of the Lord as the waters cover the seas.
16. We have full hope and confidence that, as we pray and act in Jesus name, the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ will be greatly advanced in the Thomasville area and throughout the earth. Thy Kingdom come; Thy Will be done.
17. We covenant to continue to seek you earnestly and to pray faithfully together for a Biblical spiritual awakening in our personal lives and in the church, and for laborers to advance Christ’s Kingdom in our community, our nation, and our world.
18. We make this petition in Jesus’ name and for Jesus’ sake, for He is worthy of a Bride without spot or wrinkle, and He is the King over all of His creation.